Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fuck that shit!

Every year our insurance company has us take a health assessment so we can get a discount on our coverage.
I just completed mine.
I realize I am overweight. Obese, even. But the assessment just told me I need to lose sixty to NINETY pounds to be in the "healthy" range.
I haven't weighed NINETY pounds less than I do now since middle school. I was shorter, had much smaller breasts, had not given birth, was 27 years younger and people thought I was too skinny!
If I lost NINETY pounds at this point in my life, people would most definitely think I was terminally ill.
I wouldn't mind losing some weight; this is true. Due to certain health circumstances this would be difficult for me even if I was motivated and not moderately lazy and not in love with food (I don't eat a lot of food or much junk food at all, but I do eat what I like); but there is no way in HELL that I want to look like I would look if I lost NINETY pounds.
So...
Like the title says:
FUCK THAT SHIT!

2 comments:

Self said...

Seriously? Talk about insanity. I really think they need to revise some of these charts for life stage or something. Can you imagine me at say 149 pounds which is supposed to be in the healthy range for my height? It's laughable. I would look like an emaciated lollipop head! I was that weight for a year once before I stopped growing and I was never more than 7-10 pounds overweight back then. BTW, you have curves and are extremely hatchie matchie sexy and stuff and things. They can bite it!

kaylynuke said...

I know that I am big boned as even when I was very thin I wore (and still do obviously) huge hats and rings and bracelets and I have always had Barney Rubble feet (very wide) so I believe that BMI shit is just that, shit. But even logic should dictate that 90 less is, literally, almost *half* of my weight and therefor, not a great idea!! (I'm not morbidly obese, after all.) And if it a choice between obese and curvy or emaciate and androgynous, well, duh, guess which one I pick every time??

You might also like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails