Thursday, May 15, 2008

Sweet Smells and Dead Flowers

The windows are open and the most glorious smell is permeating my house. Green, flowery, a little bit of the sweet, dead smell of fallen blooms from trees and the tiny bit of dampness from last night's drizzle. It's beautiful. I wish I could bottle it, perfume-aholic that I am.
I also have a Yankee Candle in the Greenhouse scent lit in the kitchen and it is enhancing the spring atmosphere even though it is a little bit overcast today.
In other news, when I went to bed last night and my peace lily was just fine and when I woke up the biggest flower was brown.
I freaked out. But a quick google search let me know this was normal, how to cut the flower off and that it was probably my fault the flower went caput so fast becuase when you mist the plant you need to avoid the flowers which I didn't do. Now I know.

No comments:

You might also like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails