Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Speed Round

Smartfood Popcorn is so good that I tend to forget how bad popcorn is for my teeth and gums and digestive system until it is much, much too late.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Terry Jones's church did not burn the Quran on Saturday. But somewhere some people did. Luckily, it did not receive the same media attention the whole Jones debacle did, because giving those zealots attention is giving them exactly what they want.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Andy Rooney Breakdown:
Why do companies send you paper catalogs when you order something from their website?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't tell my husband I am admitting this, but I am finally aware that I am a magazine hoarder. Well, not in the technical sense of the term, because eventually, once they've been read, they will be recycled. I have such a love for "traditional media" that I accept all free and super discounted subscriptions which come my way. But since I am also a book hoarder--well, technically, book "saver"-- and a library addict--um, lover--it makes it quite difficult to keep up with all of my reading. Okay, wait. I'm not a hoarder at all. I'm just slow. Yeah, I'm going to go with that for now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Am I crazy, or does Raising Hope look kind of good? I love Shannon Woodward from the dearly departed The Riches, so I'll at least give the pilot a spin. And much, much love for Martha Plimpton and Cloris Leachman, of course. (I refuse to hotlink them. If you don't know who they are, you might be beyond the help of a hotlink.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Colbert's Dr. Strangelove turn tonight was beautiful. Try to catch the reruns tomorrow if you missed it tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DING! Time's up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATE: I noticed I forgot to make "Jones" possessive, so I actually had to go look up the singular possessive form of Jones. If that does not make me feel like a dingbat, I do not know what would.

1 comment:

Shady Del Knight said...

I can relate to your hoarding of reading material. I cherish my deluxe, hardcover edition of Hockey Moms Say the Darndest Things: The Greatest Speeches of Sarah Palin. I never leave home without it. I even sleep with it under my pillow! My analyst has raised concerns that I might have an unhealthy obsession, but I know I can quit whenever I want. Really!

You might also like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails