Friday, April 04, 2008

FX: There is no box. (Except on this week's episode of Dirt!!)

My husband suggested today's title after I made the joke last night. (In case you don't know Dirt [Sunday at 10 p.m. on FX] is a show on FX network and their current tagline for the network is "There is no box." You know, like they are not just thinking outside the box, but there isn't even a box, period. It's smart although a little abstract. Anywho...) We finally watched this week's DVRed episode and there is a sex scene in it with a "K-Fed"-type character and the Shar Jackson-type character. They showed "Shar" entering bed nude, and at first it's a standard after 10 p.m. naked butt shot. BUT THEN, oh but then... Nate and I looked at each other in shock and rewound. As she climbs into bed you could see the behind shot of her vulva!! Holy CRAP!! How did THAT get past censors?? It's obvious, you do NOT have to be looking for it hard to notice it. Are we THERE now? I don't know if I'm impressed or worried. Openness about the human body and sexuality are good, but it could go horribly awry, too.
Not much happening today. Spent it mostly in my sweats on the couch.
To which pursuit I am returning now.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Holy crap. I'll have to look for a rerun. I'm not OK with surprise vulva. I'd like to know ahead of time whether or not genitalia will be onscreen so that I'm mentally prepared. And I'm not even prudish!

Great title, btw :).

You might also like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails