Thursday, April 17, 2008

I have a discharge...

...from the PHP--why? What did you think I meant? Today was my last day. Even though I've been told for months the outpatient program isn't taking new patients, my PHP psychiatrist and counsellor have agreed to have my care transferred to them. Sweet! (I think they liked me, lol. My counsellor asked me if I would sign a release form and basically repeat a session for a recorder so he could type out the transcript and allow him to use it for a seminar he is leading next month. And my counsellor and psychiatrist both told me many, many times how intelligent I was and how well I was doing in the program. This never really happened to me before in treatment. Maybe a stray mention of my intelligence, but that was about it. It pleased my inner apple polisher.)
I've gotten quite a bit done today as well, AND have a job interview next Thursday for a field researcher position for the CDC. It's a one year contract job and good money, so wish me luck. I also heard from an SEIU employee yesterday who may be interested in interviewing me for an administrative assistant position, but she hasn't returned my return phone call yet.
The kids have off of school tomorrow as the teachers will be attending the PAGE conference, so I'll have a day to relax and spend time with my family. And sleep in. YAY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! On soooo many levels! I'm so glad that the PHP and the counselor will see you regularly! And they seem , from what you say, to be waaay more tuned into YOU than the other guy.
Congrats on the job interview/phone call, etc! Enjoy your day off!
Love
Mom

Vicki said...

Hooray for you and your discharge! :)

Does this mean you'll be around during the day Tuesday? If so, I can come down earlier so we can maximize our hanging out time.

I've been in such a good mood and so distracted with adoption stuff and bikes lately that I totally spaced on therapy today :(. I feel bad when I do that, but I think I might need to take a break from my guy for a while anyway. I feel like MY training wheels have just come off and I'm ready to ride solo again.

You might also like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails