Thursday, April 03, 2008

Yay?

My counsellor had suggested that now that I am doing well after the ECT and because my "issues" are at the root of my depression--on top of biology, that is--that perhaps a partial hospitalization program would help by giving me the intense therapy I need to get on with dealing with these issues. I'm resistant because I hate--I mean HATE--group therapy. But, apparently, group is but a small portion of the help I will get. So we are on the way to completing the referral. I will be going to Hershey Med Center (again) starting on Tuesday unless my insurance says "Nay." The program there is 9:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Hmm? Do we eat there? I forgot to ask...


In other, not so interesting, news: I wanted to ask you to make note of my "What I'm Reading Now" feature on the sidebar. (It's over there ---> somewhere; scroll down and come back; I'll wait.) Okay. Note how all of the books have good grades? Yeah, well, I give books a "30 page test." First let me say, I carefully "vet" books before I buy them or check them out of the library. So if they make it to the list at all, we can assume I would call them at least a "C" or I wouldn't be interested enough to go the trouble. I am not forced to read stuff like a real book reviewer might be. Then I read the first 30 or so pages with as open a mind as is possible for me. If, for some reason, I am bored or do not like the tone or tenor of the book, I will put it aside and move on. Hence only "C+" and above will ever show up here. UNLESS, and this is a big exception, I decide to foray into bizarro world and read a book I know I will hate to keep abreast of the "enemy." These are almost exclusively non-fiction books and happens rarely, as I must have the mental strength to get through it without wanting to hunt down the author like an animal. Right now I am number nine (!!)--up from number twelve--on the waiting list at the library for a book called--no lie--Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning by Jonah Goldberg. Now, you can click the link, but if you buy it, I can no longer be your friend. Please check your local library if you must, like some masochist such as myself, read this polemic. Here is the cover:


How could I resist such filth?? It so worries me that I am number nine up from number twelve, but then again, maybe they are all spying on the enemy, like I am. (If not, then I rather like the irony of "conservatives" partaking of government services like the public library. But I'm sure they'd never get it!)
Oh, funny, I just got a phone bank call from Obama's campaign. Funny, because I have been phone banking, too. He was on script, but I interrupted him to save him time. "We are 'strong supporters,' I am already a volunteer, and we are already donating money." Check, check and CHECK! Next call. Do you want to phone bank for the April 22 PA primary? Go to the website click "Make Calls" about halfway down the page on the right, or if you are in PA click the "Pennsylvania Neighborhood Teams" box and sign up to make calls. You can do it from home, they give you a script and it makes a big difference for the campaign, believe me!! After the first few you'll get the hang of it if you've never done it before. Plus you can put it on your resume if you want to. (Speaking of resumes: I got another rejection ths morning--well, the position was already filled. Same diff in the end.)
Now: to the errands!

No comments:

You might also like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails